I am renting a 24 player server for SWBFII on PC called [SoF]SlaughterHouse. Since this is a paid for pc dedicated server we cannot use GameRanger, like we have been, to access it. There is another option though, which I believe to be a better route to play online. Instead of using a separate client, all you do is download and replace a file. Then you can play online using the in-game multiplayer menu and lobby list to join games.
How to install client:
- Download the client file of your choice (german / american masterserver and german / english)
- Unzip the file
- Right click on it and choose "copy"
- Go to your BattlefrontII folder (e.G. C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\
- Go into the "GameData" folder
- Rename the original BattlefrontII.exe (e.G. BattlefrontII_orig.exe)
- Right click and choose "paste" to paste the executable into your GameData folder of Battlefront II
double click on this file and have fun with playing online!
Download the replacement client here - http://gameshare.co/forum/download/file.php?id=42